Working Root for T807A Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Working Root for T807A Samsung Galaxy Tab S


I was reading some threads in the Fire Phone section since I've been waiting on root for that device too, but someone discovered and posted about the new version of Kingroot (v4.0), and how they were able to root with it. I immediately downloaded it and tested it out, and after two tries, I gained root access on my Fire Phone.

So I thought, what if this would work on my AT&T Tab S 10.5 (T807A)? WELL IT DOES!

I have root access on my carrier branded/bootloader locked tablet. I was surprised at first at how easy it was, and at the end, Kingroot even had a prompt to disable or remove KNOX. I don't know if it worked, but I had no problem with installing Xposed and some nice modules.

THIS APP IS ALMOST COMPLETELY IN CHINESE. I know, it sounds a little scary, but after a day of running root, I found it safe to post about it here.

Please read the english guide for some clear instructions. The links are below and make sure you download the newest version. It may take a few tries, but use a root checker to see if it actually worked or not. KingRoot will install KingUser. After obtaining root, you can delete KingRoot and the blue icon app with the Chinese name.

UNTESTED ON OTHER VARIANTS BESIDES T807A! I believe it may work on the other carrier variants also.

I am not affiliated with the app nor deserve credit for what it can do, as I just want to spread the word that this works with our damn bootloader locked devices. If the people of KingRoot have a donation page, it might be that day to actually give thanks.

THE NEWEST VERSION (4.0+) WILL WORK. All you will need to do is press the Blue Button when you open the app, allow the installation of KingUser, and it will give root access. I verified it with a root checker and both my devices after multiple reboots. I installed SuperSu and updating the Su binary will FAIL.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE. DOING THIS CAN POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR TABLET SO PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS! THIS WILL VOID WARRANTY AND TRIP THE COUNTER!

DOWNSIDES:
1) Kingroot is in only chinese with no english version supported.
2) As of right now, I can not update SU binary with SuperSu, Kingroot installs its own app called KingUser, which serves the same function. (someone will eventually figure out how to make SuperSu work since we now have root)
3) Bootloader is still locked, DO NOT FLASH CUSTOM FIRMWARE OR RECOVERY!!!!! IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!

Previous
Next Post »